Expert Recruitment Tips To Improve Your Hiring Process
Employee quality has a profound connection to the hiring methods used. A good hiring process evaluates the key indicators of employability such as temperament, adaptability, motivation, and emotional integrity of the candidates. However, prevalent hiring processes merely follow the conventional practice of reviewing resumes, interviewing the candidates, and posting a hastened job description. Unfortunately, this type of hiring process does not help determine the key indicators.
What makes recruitment processes more efficient and productive? How can a hiring process attract candidates and at the same time help retain them? Find answers to all your queries in this carefully crafted list of five hiring strategies tips. But before exploring the tips, here is a brief go-through of what comprises a recruitment process.
The Steps That Define A Hiring Process
The process of searching, finding, interviewing, recruiting, and eventually hiring defines the recruitment process. Although each company defines a unique set of standards for hiring processes, a general pattern is observed in all these cases. Following are the general steps involved in a hiring process:
- Crafting a job description that defines the job requirements
- Advertising the description through various channels
- Screening and reviewing the resumes, and applications
- Contacting the prospective candidates through phone calls/emails.
- Scheduling video conferences or in-person interviews
- Conducting online assessments to evaluate candidate skills
- Carrying out background verifications and cross-checking
- Taking the final decision and offering the job
- Hiring and onboarding the employee
Although a general pattern describes the stages of the hiring process, each of them is eventually customized to suit the respective business needs.
Five Killer Tips To Make Your Hiring Process Better
- Craft attractive and precise job descriptions
A crisp and clear job description will always help attract the right candidate. Discuss with your recruiters to define the job roles according to the requirements. If an RPO service provider is managing your recruitment, ensure that you clearly communicate your requirements to them.
Avoid generic descriptions. Instead, describe your company concisely, highlighting significant achievements and reasons that make you special.
Keep your must-have requirements easily noticeable with bulleted pointers.
Use clear job titles and avoid the usage of jargon or unnecessary adjectives.
- Enhance your sourcing techniques
Sourcing determines the reach of your job descriptions. Here are the 4 best ways to make your candidate sourcing efficient and productive.
- Social media: Social media applications like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn acts as amazing platforms to promote your jobs. Also, make use of niche platforms like Reddit and StackOverflow to seek out passive candidates.
- Events: Meetings, conferences, or job fairs extend your reach among the local population.
- Referrals: Referrals are the best way to find the best talents. Introduce incentives for each referral or use gamification strategies to encourage more referrals.
- Sourcing tools: Sourcing tools like People Search make your search easier by scanning through emails, social networks, and resumes.
- Devise talent-pipeline strategies
Keeping a resource pool ready to fill up an upcoming job position can help you hire faster. Here are four strategies used by the RPO companies to find the best talents.
- Determine the roles that face high turnover rates
- Pipeline former employees and interns to fill up vacancies
- Use sourcing techniques like Boolean searches and events to source passive candidates
- Keep selected candidates engaged until the position is opened.
- Adopt technologically advanced methods
Technology plays a vital role in improving your hiring process. Check out 4 techniques that can make your hiring process fast.
- Prepare a checklist for your hiring process. It can include interview preparations, screening calls, and other steps.
- Make use of email templates to send interview mails or referral mails. This will help make the process faster.
- Use recruiting software like an applicant tracking system or video recruiting software to simplify your remote hiring process.
- Perfect the art of candidate evaluation
An interview or resume screening might not help you analyze the candidate properly. Here is how the best Recruitment process outsourcing specialists assess the candidates:
- Review sample works of the candidates or assesses their technical skills by investing in tech evaluation platforms like Codility.
- Compose assignments or standardized tests to evaluate the candidates. This practice can significantly reduce the number of candidates to be screened.
- Prepare your interview questions beforehand and make sure each question aligns with your job description. Applicant tracking system scorecard is a great way to evaluate candidates.
- Train your hiring team to conduct interviews together. A coordinated team can evaluate candidates better.
In short, improving a hiring process depends a lot on how well you embrace technology, build an online reputation, and define your job descriptions. Do it right, and you’ll easily find the best talent for your organization.