Ayurveda, a science that has been practiced since the vedic ages, is as old as 5000 years. Ayurveda is made of two words, ‘Ayur’ which depicts ‘life’ and ‘Veda’ which depicts ‘Science’. If we combine these two elements together, we get the phrase ‘Life Science’ and how true that is. The science of Ayurveda has been proving its mettle through its miraculous healing powers derived from the legacy of nature to offer solutions to several physical ailments. Not just physical, the science has been helping people on mental, emotional, and spiritual levels as well through the application of vedic lifestyle, usage of several herbs for offering deep relaxation therapies and much more. Whether you are seeking help with a condition or just plain tired and want to feel that surge of energy, positivity once again, then Ayurveda could be your answer.
While seeking its methods for the purpose of healing the self is one thing, several people, especially aspiring yogis, aspire to take up the learning of Ayurveda for the purpose of helping others and also to enhance their yoga teaching practices. For the purpose of gaining authentic knowledge of this science, travelling for Ayurveda courses in India naturally comes to mind. Rishikesh and Kerala seem to be the obvious choices owing to the history, healing powers of the soils of these places, and various other factors. When going for Ayurveda courses in Rishikesh, there are several things that you can look forward to. Here are some of the most avowed ones when you sign up at the best Ayurveda school in Rishikesh, India.
But before we dig into that, here is a small snippet about the philosophy of Ayurveda for your ready reference.
The Ayurvedic Philosophy
Ayurveda states that being is healthy only when their mind, body, ans spirit are in complete sync with each other and when these elements align in perfect harmony with the universe, then you are a living paradigm of holistic health. The universe is made up of five core elements which make us whole.
The element of Air or Vayu (in hindi) dictates the PH balance in the body along with touch and movement of the entire being.
The element of Water or Jala (in hindi) dictates the taste sense.
The element of Fire or Agni (in hindi) rules the emotions, thought processes, feeling in the legs and the overall power.
The element of Earth or Prithvi (in hindi) dictates the sense of smell and excretion along with bodily elements such as bones, tissues and teeth.
The fifth element is the element of Ether or Akasha (in hindi). This element regulates the sense of hearing and the ability of vocal cords.
11 Must-Know Facts About Ayurveda In Rishikesh
- Rishikesh is situated at the foothills of the Himalayas. The legacy of the Himalayas is well known. Its soil contains natural healing properties, the Himalayas have several specific spots from where medicinal herbs are extracted. These herbs are converted into concoctions that get utilized at the best Ayurveda school in Rishikesh and the likes.
- Yoga is complete only when it is practiced with Ayurveda. This is why Ayurveda is also known as the sister science of Yoga. Whether you enroll into a yoga teacher training in Rishikesh or go for Ayurveda courses in Rishikesh, Ayurveda plays an important role in imparting these courses. Of course, the depth and the subjects being taught differ from program to program.
- Get the opportunity to learn Ayurveda and practice it at its source. You can hike through the Himalayas led by experts to learn about the various medicinal herbs and plants that are there. Rishikesh due to its proximity offers the place and ease to learn the science of Ayurveda in its practical form.
- Establishing dosha balance is one of the major elements of traditional yoga and Ayurveda programs in Rishikesh. Yoga masters take the practicing yogis through specific sessions that are aimed at imparting theoretical and practical knowledge of balancing the doshas in the body.
- At an Ayurveda program in Rishikesh, before starting any treatment or therapy, you undergo an initial assessment. There is nothing random about Ayurveda in Rishikesh. Every treatment or therapy offered to the practitioners is based on a thorough assessment by an expert about what kind of dosha you have and what is your body type, its need, any presence of ailment, etc.
- Experiencing Ayurveda in Rishikesh is like being in a place where you feel better in the mind, body, and spirit while the quaint, healing ambiance of the yoga capital only contributes to the effective outcomes of the program.
- Following a vedic and organic diet is a part of the lifestyle of most households here. And by that we mean, even the restaurants, cafes here serve organic food that is prepared from ingredients sourced from local gardens, is a norm here. Following an organic diet is essential for experiencing full-fledged benefits of Ayurveda and Rishikesh surely offers that.
- Rishikesh is the motherland of some of the greatest Ayurveda experts. If you are looking to learn and practice from the best, this is the place to be.
- Following a sattvic diet according to the Ayurveda philosophy is easier here as a majority of the local lifestyle is blended with Ayurvedic principles.
- You will find a community here that motivates you to follow Ayurvedic principles with diligence. It helps you adapt to the new way of life much like others.
- Finally, enjoy Ayurveda spa and massage to heal emotionally as well as physically at the various Ayurveda centers here while also indulging in other activities of your choice such as river rafting, mountain climbing, bungee jumping, hiking and more.